Chicken Nepiev15 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“Chicken, cream cheese, and garlic unite in this marriage of Chicken Neptune, Chicken Kiev, and a shorthanded pantry! Takes less fuss than either of its inspirations, and recipe can easily be increased for larger households.” - by GINGERTREES
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a cup or small bowl, stir together the Italian seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder. Sprinkle over both sides of the chicken. Place 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on the center of each piece, and spread slightly. Tuck in the sides, and roll up tightly. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place the bread crumbs on a plate or in a shallow bowl. Roll the chicken rolls in the bread crumbs to coat. Place on a plate, cover, and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat the butter and oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken rolls on all sides, this should take about 5 minutes. Transfer the rolls to a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Spoon drippings from the dish over the rolls before serving.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 240 cal
- 9.6 g
- 9.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"Oh my gosh, this is one of the best chicken dishes I ever made. My husband was skeptical about the cream cheese until he took his first bite. He was looking for thirds!!!! AWESOME RECIPE!!..." See more"
"I came across this recipe one day and had to try it!! I am not the most patient cook so I typically dont like a recipe that has this many steps but it wasnt nearly as bad as it seemed while reading i..." See moret!! It was a major hit among the people I made it for and definitly plan on making it again!! The best part is that it wasnt a lot of stuff that I had to go shopping for. I had most everything in my kitchen already!!"
"Tried this, minus the garlic ingredients, and it was great! Easy enough. Prep time was less than stated, though I did use 'thin sliced' chicken breast skipped the garlic & onions! Also, froze for les..." See mores than 20 minutes, as I was time starved. Everyone thought I had purchased the chicken, pre- breaded and stuffed, at a local gourmet market!! Really good recipe! Thanks for passing it on!"
Best Baked Chicken
Captain Crunch Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.