Pizza Pasta Bake21 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“This is a hearty pizza macaroni bake jazzed up with pepperoni and sausage for pizza-like flavor. This is a favorite with kids. Rotini or ziti can be substituted for a more grown up look. This will be a hit at your next potluck!” - by SometimeCook
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Stir in macaroni, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the Italian sausage and onion until sausage is evenly brown and onion is tender. Drain grease.
- In a bowl, mix the pizza sauce, tomato sauce, and milk. Stir in the sausage and onion, pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, and Canadian bacon. Gently mix in the cooked macaroni until evenly coated. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Cover, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove cover, top with cheese, and continue baking 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 381 cal
- 14.8 g
- 41.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (21)Rate This Recipe
"I used Rotini instead of macaroni and omitted the canadian bacon. I also sauteed the mushrooms a bit with the onion and sausage. Really, any of your favorite pizza toppings would be great in this. I'd..." See more like to try ham and pineapple with a white sauce next time. Kids loved this - tasted just like pizza. "
"I prepared this with 1 pound of Italian sausage, and skipped the veggies and Canadian bacon. Fantastic! It has a really rich pizza taste. I did use a casserole dish, though, and I think I will use ..." See morea 9"x13" pan next time."
"Great recipe! I made it with ground beef, pepperoni, and turkey sausage. My husband won't touch mushrooms or olives, so I omitted those and added chopped spinach to the skillet w/ the meat and onions...." See more I also didn't have enough mozzarella, so I added some grated provolone, asiago, and a little bit of sharp cheddar. Turned out just right. :)"
Zucchini Pizza Bake
Pasta Bake with Broccoli and Cheese
Just swipe to see more like this.