Chicken, Cheese, and Biscuits46 Reviews
“This a nicely rich and satisfying meal perfect for cooler days. You can substitute broccoli or asparagus for the green beans.” - by Jill M.
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a saucepan, heat margarine until hot and bubbly. Add flour, mustard, and sage; stir quickly to combine. Stirring constantly, add milk. Cook and stir until smooth.
- Add bouillon and pepper, and mix well. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese, and cook until melted. Add the chicken, mushrooms, and green beans. Cook until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Separate biscuits into 2 layers, making 10 circles. Arrange biscuits over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) until biscuits are golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 448 cal
- 20.2 g
- 42.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (46)Rate This Recipe
"Nice basic "casserole" dish to make. However I changed this recipe quite a bit. First I am vegetarian, so I omit the chicken. Because the recipe calls for 3 cups of vegetables to begin with, and mo..." See morest people said that it's not enough, I usually use 5-6 cups of vegetables. I use everything from broccoli to mixed veggies to corn, basically whatever I've got in my freezer at the time. Also, I cook the biscuits while making the stove top portion, then when the stove top portion is done I dump that into a serving platter/baking tray and put the cooked biscuits right on top. Now it's ready to serve without needing to be baked in the oven."
"This was delicious, but next time I'll use an 8"x8" dish and half a can of biscuit dough, or else double everything except the dough. There wasn't enough of the chicken mixture for a 9x13 pan...." See more"
"I cooked the biscuits a bit before adding the "casserole" mixture to it so it wouldn't be soggy. I also added some carrots and potatoes (already cooked) to make it more filling. I didn't think that ..." See morethis had enough flavor and it did take a while to prepare. I will make again but tweak the spices to suit our tastes. Thanks for the post."
Garlic Cheese Chicken Rollups
Easy Mac and Cheese Veggie Chicken Casserole from Country Crock(R)
Just swipe to see more like this.