Herbed Chicken Nuggets139 Reviews
“These chicken nuggets are tender and delicious! Many friends have asked for the recipe and my husband loves them!” - by Amy
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Trim any fat from chicken and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the water and add the chicken.
- Combine the parsley, thyme, red pepper, bread crumbs, wheat germ, basil and ground pepper. Stir in the oil with a fork and mix well to distribute evenly. Pour seasoning mixture into a resealable plastic bag and the chicken pieces to coat.
- Place coated chicken pieces on the prepared baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 10 minutes, turn the pieces and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 309 cal
- 9.7 g
- 18.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (139)Rate This Recipe
"I didn't add the red pepper flakes but I did everything else. The only thing I think is that this needs a small touch of salt. One thing I found though is that if you don't add in the oil with the cru..." See moremb mixture but rather spray it on before baking it makes them crispier. We personally liked it this way better. We also used boneless skinless chilcken thighs instead of the breasts and like that better too. Great recipe!"
"this was a good recipe, but was not kid freindly. If you would like it kid freindly delete the red pepper and half the black pepper. I aslo used a whole cup of bread crumbs because we do not like whea..." See moret germs. They tasted great. So enjoy."
"Wow! These are great and not bad for you at all compared to normal chicken nuggets. I think it took longer to cut the chicken up than anything else. I used a Italian herbs mix rather than the herbs li..." See morested. Also, I did not add oil to the dry mix, I drizzled the nuggets once they were on the cookie sheet. I think that I might try breading and freezing them then pulling them out to cook at my convinience. UPDATE: I now make a double batch and freeze half. Once defrosted, I make them exactly the same and they turn out great. My husband is usually a snob about frozen meat and he was surprised to hear (after he finished eating) that they had been frozen. "
Baked Chicken Nuggets
Buffalo Chicken Fingers
Just swipe to see more like this.