Mexican Chicken Kiev83 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“This is a wonderful slightly spicy version of the classic Chicken Kiev. The kick of green chilies will make your family want more!!! You have to use strip green chilies not chopped.” - by Erin Clifton
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place 1 chicken breast between two sheets of wax paper. Working from the center to the edges, pound with a meat mallet until flat and rectangular shaped. Repeat with remaining breasts.
- Wrap the green chili strips around the cheese, then wrap the flattened chicken breasts around the chili and cheese. Secure with toothpicks or uncooked spaghetti noodles.
- Combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, cumin and pepper.
- Roll the secured chicken pieces in the melted butter and then in the bread crumb mixture. Place chicken breasts in a 13x9 inch baking dish; don't let them crowd. Drizzle the remaining butter over all eight of the breasts. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or freeze to bake later (baking time will be increased by about 5 to 10 minutes)
- Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 400 cal
- 22.5 g
- 11.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (83)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent!!!! I added my own kiev recipe and wanted to try a few of the other since they were so different. this one is wonderful! it has a totally unique flavor but it very good. this goes down in my..." See more recipe book. I used pepperjack for extra kick. this could be the best recipe i've tried off allrecipies so far. try it!"
"Everyone loved this recipe Erin! When making this, don't make the same mistake I did and pound the chicken so hard that you make holes in it. Dopey me! The thickness of the cheese made the chicken a l..." See moreittle difficult to roll and encase the filling, so next time I think I'll shred the cheese and chop the pepper. During the last fifteen minutes of baking, I made a mixture of salsa and sour cream and poured it over the chicken. The pepper jack cheese I used added just the right amount of heat and the sauce smoothed it all out. Thanks so much Erin for a very different kind of Kiev!"
"Yum! This was super good. I read prior reviews regarding the cheese melting out. I left the chiles whole. I sliced off the top and put the cheese inside the chile, then wraped the chicken about the..." See more chile. I made sure the opening of the chile was closed off with the chicken and a toothpick. They came out perfect! I also had leftover chiles, so I used the same idea and put cheese in them, rolled in butter and bread crumbs and put in the oven with the chicken. It was a yummy side. This one is a keeper"
Quick and Easy Mexican Chicken
Buffalo Chicken Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.