Summertime Chicken and Pasta Salad6 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This is one of my favorites. My best friend makes this, but I have tweaked it to suit my family's tastes.” - by AJRobinson71
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Hard boil the eggs by placing them into a saucepan in a single layer. Fill with water to cover the eggs by 1 inch. Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, remove from the heat and let the eggs stand in the hot water for 15 minutes. Pour out the hot water, then cool the eggs under cold running water in the sink. Peel once cold.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the bow tie pasta and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink, and rinse with cold water.
- Simmer the chicken tenders in about 1/4 cup of water in a saucepan over medium-low heat, until no longer pink inside. Remove the tenders from the water, and set aside to cool.
- Cut the tenders into bite-size pieces. Slice the eggs. Combine the cooked pasta, chicken, eggs, cucumber, radishes, carrots, green onions, and red onion in a salad bowl, and pour the Italian dressing over. Toss lightly to mix, and refrigerate the salad for at least 1 hour, or until cold.
- Place about 3/4 cup of sliced romaine hearts on each plate, then top with about 1 cup of pasta-chicken salad to serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 542 cal
- 18.4 g
- 67.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"This is yummy & im making it for dinner tonight ,,LOVE YOU!..." See more"
"Although I tried following the directions, the textures weren't right (too much "slicing") and the portions were HUGE... this would feed 8+ people! (This was after already cutting down ingredients.)..." See more Next time, I'm going to swap the carrots and radishes for another reviewer's suggestion of olives and cherry tomatoes. And I'm definitely going to halve this to meet our household's needs. A good idea, but too many changes to make it a straight 5-star recipe as it stands."
Mandarin Chicken Pasta Salad
Chicken Florentine Salad with Orzo Pasta
Just swipe to see more like this.