Tiny Chicken Turnovers118 Reviews
“These turnovers make great appetizers and they're worth the extra effort because they taste so good! For do-ahead appetizers, they can be baked, frozen and reheated at 375degrees F (190 degrees C) for 5-7 minutes.” - by Amanda Andrews
Original recipe yields 2 1/2 dozen
- In a large skillet saute the onion in the butter until tender. Stir in the chicken, chicken broth, garlic salt, poultry seasoning, pepper and cream cheese. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt and paprika; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- On a floured surface roll out the pastry to 1/16 inch thick. Cut with a 2 1/2 inch round cookie or biscuit cutter. Reroll scraps and cut more circles until the pastry is used up.
- Mound a heaping teaspoon of filling on half of each circle. Moisten edges with water and fold pastry over filling to make a half moon shape. Press edges with a fork to seal. Prick tops with a fork for steam vents.
- Place turnovers on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 220 cal
- 17.4 g
- 10 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (118)Rate This Recipe
"11/04/06 I am adding a more updated review. These turnovers are delicious! I make these for every dinner party where finger foods are served. I have made about 15x since 2003! I am now a pro. The fil..." See moreling can be made the day before and refrigerated. Also, save time by using ready-made pie crust, wontons wrappers, or even phyllo! Experiment! We like the pie crust! Extra tip with the crust...roll very thin!"
"I liked the idea of these turnovers but I can't make pastry to save my life, so I used Pilsbury cresent roll dough and they turned out great! Next time I'm going to add chopped carrots and celery..." See more since they already tasted like mini pot pies. I tried freezing some and they only take 1 minute in the microwave! My kids won't eat anything but they at least tasted these. ;-P "
"I love appetizers and this was a really good one- my husband says it's a keeper. Now, for some helpful hints-make the dough first and refrigerate. It'll roll out easier. Use plenty of flour when ro..." See morelling out,too. You also might want to up the spices to your personal taste. These really do freeze well and reheat right from the freezer-a plus when company's coming."
Chicken and Broccoli Braid
Broccoli Chicken Roli
Just swipe to see more like this.