Chicken and Pea Casserole32 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Simple and quick casserole. Good main recipe or basic recipe to do add in's. You can double the chicken mixture to have a creamier casserole. With a simple garden salad of romaine lettuce, tomato, and cucumbers, it makes a great meal.” - by NENAH25
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together mushroom soup, sour cream, chicken, and peas. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Stir cooked pasta into chicken mixture until well combined. Pour pasta mixture into a 9x10-inch casserole dish, and spread out evenly. Top with Parmesan cheese, and spray the top with a bit of cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 462 cal
- 17.9 g
- 48.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (32)Rate This Recipe
"This is a good recipe, but its flexibility makes it even better. It was hard for me to keep from giving the recipe four stars, but the taste isn't quite to four star level. The taste is a little bet..." See moreter than average and because the recipe works and offers flexibility, it something I will consider making again. Not wishing to run to the store, I substituted with what I had on hand: 1) ziti for rigatoni, 2) mayo for sour cream (this works great, I've done it many times, especially in casseroles, and 3) dried parmesan cheese for fresh. I also added two small cans of mushrooms and a small amount of leftover frozen white corn. With the extra dry ingredients, I also threw in a can of cream of chicken soup to cover the dry ingredients. Because my casserole dish was larger than what was called for in the recipe, it accommodated the extra ingredients perfectly. Bravo!"
"This recipe is a good base to add on to. I used almost 24 ounces of pasta, two cans of condensed soup (one chicken and one mushroom), 1 cup of low-fat sour cream, and a variety of frozen mixed vegeta..." See morebles, and it was wonderful! With the two soups and extra sour cream it was creamy and not dry at all. I also used one large boiled chicken breast which I thought was just enough. This is something I will make again and again. Also very good as leftovers!"
"My picky family LOVES this recipe! Because I never know what will be in my pantry at the time, I have tried this recipe with both fresh and canned chicken, frozen and canned peas, and extra soup OR e..." See morextra sour cream. It's always delicious! Thanks so much for a recipe that's become a staple for this hard-to-please bunch!"
Chicken Crescent Casserole
Creamy Swiss Chicken Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.