Skrie Salmon4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Skrie doesn't mean anything, but this fish sure deserves a cool name. The recipe calls for anise seed, but the taste is not overpowering. Instead, it complements the lemon flavor.” - by SKRIE
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small saucepan, stir together anise seeds and mint. Stir in 1 cup water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 5 minutes, then stir in honey. Continue to boil until most of the water has boiled off. Remove from heat, and stir in remaining 1/4 cup water.
- Place lemon strips in a bowl, and pour melted butter over the strips. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Place salmon on baking sheet. Brush thoroughly with anise sauce.
- Place in a preheated oven, and bake until done, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and brush liberally with lemon butter.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 447 cal
- 30.6 g
- 1.5 g
- < 1%
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This was very pleasant but I think the only reason I noticed the anise and mint flavoring was because I knew it was in there. Maybe more anise and fresh mint would have made for a more noticable flavo..." See morer? I also didn't think the lemon peel was enough to flavor the butter - you will probably need to add a little juice."
"As written, the flavors are SO subtle they are almost non-existent. I made the sauce with fresh mint (used a small-ish bunch that I removed after it had wilted down), and also added some lemon zest to..." See more the lemon butter. I brushed the cooked salmon with some reserved anise sauce before drizzling the lemon butter over the top. This turned out ok but it was rather a lot of work for pretty mediocre results. Oh well. Thanks anyway!"
Salmon with Dill
Curried Salmon Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.