Chicken and Rice Casserole II30 Reviews
“Chicken casserole with a rich cheese sauce.” - by KMSMOKEY
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a large pot boil the chicken with the onion, celery and bay leaves until done. Let chicken cool until you can handle it. Remove chicken meat from the bones and cut into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter. Stir in the flour and cook for about 1 minute. Slowly stir in the cold milk and chicken stock and cook mixture until thick. Stir in the cheese.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, rice and mushrooms together. Stir in the cheese sauce and season with salt and pepper. Place mixture in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 765 cal
- 52.6 g
- 17.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (30)Rate This Recipe
"We added some peppers, extra fresh mushrooms, diced up 1\2 an onion and used leftover chicken instead of a whole one. The flavour was good, add some corn or brocolli and use white and wild rice instea..." See mored. Also we were unsure of whether it should be 1 cup rice before or after cooking. Definately 1 cup (or a little more) before cooking. This recipe has a ton of potential. We are looking forward to making it again."
"Both my husband and I enjoyed this casserole. It's a keeper. I used fresh mushrooms and it was great, think I might try adding broccoli to make a complete meal...." See more"
Awesome Chicken and Yellow Rice Casserole
Easy Chicken Rice Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.