Phenomenal Chicken and Pasta in Creamy Pesto Sauce159 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“An extremely delicious meal: the crunch of pine nuts and the tang of sun-dried tomatoes combine with chicken and pasta in a heavenly pesto cream sauce. Be sure to taste and salt before serving, because depending on what kind of chicken broth you use, the dish may require no salt at all or may be extremely under-salted.” - by GILL846
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place basil, garlic, Parmesan, pine nuts, and tomato in a food processor. Gradually add olive oil, while pulsing, until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- In a bowl, stir together chicken broth, 1 cup white wine, dried basil, oregano, and minced garlic. Stir in chicken pieces.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook until just al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, and rinse under cold water. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions, and sprinkle with sugar. Cook until the onions are soft and translucent. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts, and cook about 3 minutes. Stir in chicken and marinade. Stir in 1/2 cup white wine. Simmer chicken pieces, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Add pasta and pesto to the skillet. Stir in cream, and cook until the sauce is thickened. Adjust salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, and serve with freshly grated Parmesan.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 943 cal
- 49.9 g
- 71.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (159)Rate This Recipe
"Even though this was a lot of work I give it a 5 because it was awesome. You can taste the different flavors separately, and thogether they blend perfectly. I followed this recipe to a T and it came o..." See moreut super. I didn't have any issues with the sauce not thickening, but if you're worried about it, I suggest a) either not adding all of the cream at the end which I suspect wouldn't change the flavor that much, or b) before adding the cream mix into it 1 or 2 TBSP flour, mix it up and then pour it in and cook for a few minutes. Loved it! "
"The title says it all - Phenomenal! For a healthy alternative, I used 2% milk instead of heavy cream and the sauce still turned out great. I definitely recommend this dish...." See more"
"I thought this was A delicious recipe! A few reviewers had said they had a hard time getting the liquid to thicken up, but I had no problem. As with most cream pastas, the thickening takes place when ..." See moreyou remove it from the heat and set it aside for 5 minutes or so. I served this meal with caeser salad and garlic bread. I will be making this again for sure. I loved making that fresh pesto, and this dish will definetly need salt. I added three teaspoons, and then put the salt on the table for everyone else to add to it if they wanted to. Even after 3 teaspoons, it needed more. The flavor comes alive once you put the salt in, it will seem bland without it."
Creamy Pesto Pasta Salad with Chicken, Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes
Chicken in Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.