Best Apple Crumble18 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“Personal recipe... the way I make it in Australia. Apple crumble pie with coconut and rolled oats. Cut up and serve with hot or cold custard!” - by RANDOM804
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place apples in a large pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes, or until soft. Drain, and cool. Place in a large bowl, and toss with 2 tablespoons sugar to evenly coat.
- In a large bowl, whip together the 1/2 cup butter and 2 tablespoons sugar until fluffy. Mix in the egg. In a separate bowl, mix 2 cups flour, baking powder, and custard powder. Mix dry ingredients into the bowl with butter and sugar. Press crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Drain apples and place into the crust. Cut together 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup butter, 1 1/4 cups flour, and cinnamon. Mix in coconut and oats. Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Remove sides from pan and allow crumble to cool before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 660 cal
- 31 g
- 92.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"what is custard powder? where do you get it?..." See more"
"You do not need the crust for this recipe- it is easily omitted. It is however delicious, and the crumble is the crowning delight. The coconut and rolled oats may nto sound that enticing but it truely..." See more bakes together to make the most delicious crumble ever! I will make this again."
"I used the recipe for the crumble only, and it was delicious! I just cooked 4 red delicious and 4 granny smith apples (peeled) in a saucepan with white sugar, cinnimon, nutmeg, and clove, a little but..." See moreter and a little flour until apples were soft. Spooned it into a baking pan, sprinkled the crumble on top, followed the rest of the directions, and voila! - a very YUMMY recipe. By the way, my hubby is Australian, and although he's never had crumble like this, he did devour it in 24 hours!!!"
Best Ever Caramel Apple Crisp
Easy Apple, Pear, and Blackberry Crumble
Just swipe to see more like this.