Grilled Chicken Thighs Tandoori183 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 8 hr 55 min
“Moist, luscious, and delicious. Just the right blend of spices make this chicken dish one of my most requested. Great hot or cold. If using thighs with skin, you can put over direct medium heat for the last few minutes to crisp skin.” - by DIANA F
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, salt, pepper, cloves, and ginger. Mix in garlic, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, and coriander. Set aside.
- Rinse chicken under cold water, and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken, press air out of bag, and seal. Turn the bag over several times to distribute marinade. Place bag in a bowl, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for direct medium heat.
- Remove chicken from bag, and discard marinade. With paper towels, wipe off excess marinade. Spray chicken pieces with olive oil spray.
- Place chicken on the grill, and cook about 2 minutes. Turn, and cook 2 minutes more. Then arrange the chicken to receive indirect heat, and cook approximately 35 to 40 minutes, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 349 cal
- 20.6 g
- 5.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (183)Rate This Recipe
"This chicken was really wonderful; the smell alone makes it worth cooking. I cooked mine in the oven on a cake rack set over a cookie sheet, 20 minutes each side at 350. I tried making it again by pu..." See moretting the chicken in a dish and baking but it didn't turn out as well. If you aren't going to grill it I highly recommend using the cake rack/cookie sheet method. UPDATE 6/29/07: I cooked the chicken on the grill for the first time the other night and it was so amazing I upgraded this to 5 stars. I will still make it in the oven in the winter, but this chicken is amazing when made on the grill."
"I have been pleasantly surprised at how good this recipe has been. I use boneless, skinless thighs and bake for 25-30 min. at 350 degrees in the oven, uncovered. Perfectly moist and juicy. Don't ba..." See moreke any longer or thighs will get dry. (I'm baffled at all these posts that say they bake for 1 hour) The first time I made these to a T, and it was fantastic, but the long complicated barbecuing was a little tedious. And since then, I've just baked it in the oven - the last 5 minutes I put on broil to brown a little bit. And don't wipe the marinade off completely. It makes a nice thin sauce when it's cooked that's awesome over rice. Tip - you can also substitute vanilla yogurt for the plain by adding 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice. Tastes just as good. Try this recipe - very aromatic and delicious."
"The aroma of this dish cooking makes your mouth water! I used boneless/skinless thighs, as my other half can't stand bone-in anything. I also used fat free yogurt and sea salt rather than kosher. F..." See moreor melt-in-your-mouth chicken, make sure you marinate it overnight. I cooked it to perfection on a broiler pan for 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven - outstanding!"
Indian Chicken Curry II
Just swipe to see more like this.