Carrot Cashew Quiche22 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“One of my mom's favorites for buffets or brunches and afternoon lunches. Served with a nice salad, this is a nice light meal.” - by GiaMamaMia
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the carrots and cashews, and cook until carrots are tender and cashews are golden brown. Mix in the honey.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, heavy cream, nutmeg, and salt.
- Evenly spread the cheese in the bottom of the pie crust. Layer the carrot mixture over the cheese, and top with the egg mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 586 cal
- 47.4 g
- 34.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (22)Rate This Recipe
"I did tweak this one. I took everyone's advice... Cut back on the butter, only 1/4 Honey, cut up the nuts & carrots more so they didn't sink to the bottom & I tossed in a dash of garlic powder & chopp..." See moreed a small 1/4 onion -Onion in the carrot mixture & garlic went in the egg... This is great! It was a hit & fun to hear my son tell me how he was so surprised that it wasn't awful like most other quiche recipes! lol (He normally doesn't care for Quiche!)"
"After reading the reviews, I made a few changes to the recipe. I shredded the carrots in the food processor, and used another attatchment to break up the cashews into smaller pieces. With the previou..." See mores comments on the carrots and nuts settling to the bottom, I think that might solve part of the issue. Mine was loaded from top to bottom. I skipped the honey completely and added more egg (I never measure my quiche mix. It's just habit). I tossed the carrots and nuts with the cheese before filling with the egg mixture. Since I had enough to fill 2-3 shells, I added spinach to one shell. Fantastic. great idea on flavors--the technique just needed a litle tweaking."
Donna's Cheesy Quiche
Suzanne's Spinach Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.