Cheese and Bacon Potato Balls12 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“This is delicious served with a rack of lamb that has been baked in rosemary and oil, or a steak with pepper sauce.” - by RODRIQUEZ1
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the potatoes into a pot with enough lightly salted water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- While the potatoes are cooking, fry the bacon pieces in a skillet over medium-high heat until browned, but not totally crisp.
- Mash the potatoes with the butter, milk and cheese until fairly smooth. Use a potato masher or a whisk. Mix in the bacon. Form balls about the size of large ice cream scoops, and place them on a greased baking sheet. Scrape the top and sides with a fork to make textured lines over the balls. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese over the top of each one.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 358 cal
- 12.6 g
- 49.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"My whole family loves these! Though, i do roll the balls in fine cornflake crumbs before baking. It makes them a beautiful golden color and adds a little crispiness to the outside...." See more"
"i added chives, sour cream, and sub. evaporated milk for milk. they were delicious!..." See more"
"This was a fun one to serve my son. He usually does not like potatoes but he enjoyed this flavorful version. They were easy to make and you can prepare them in advance and store them in the fridge unt..." See moreil you are ready to put them in the oven. Instead of processed cheese I used grated cheddar cheese. I also recommend using the precooked bacon as it is easier to crumble. I also sprinkled the final product with parsley to improve the presentation. Great recipe!!"
Cheese and Bacon Potato Rounds
Blue Cheese Potatoes Delmonico
Just swipe to see more like this.