White Chicken Enchilada Slow-Cooker Casserole95 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 4 hr
- Ready In: 4 hr 30 min
“An easy, creamy chicken enchilada casserole. Slow cooking gently melds together the flavors of chicken thigh meat, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and green chiles.” - by TRISTA5
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place chicken in a pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Continue to boil until the chicken is done, about 10 minutes. Drain, allow chicken to cool, and cut into small pieces.
- Place chicken pieces in a large bowl. Stir in soup, garlic, sour cream, and green chiles.
- Spray the inside of slow cooker lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Tear tortillas into pieces, and arrange half of the pieces in one overlapping layer across the bottom of the slow cooker. Arrange half of the chicken, half of the soup, and half of the cheese on top. Repeat with remaining tortillas, chicken, soup, and cheese. Top with black olives.
- Cook on Low setting for 3 to 4 hours. Top with chives.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 824 cal
- 44 g
- 66.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (95)Rate This Recipe
"To give it 5 stars, add cumin. You can also layer this in a pyrex dish and bake at 350 for 45 minutes...." See more"
"Awesome! I was suprised at how good and creamy this was. If you are looking for a lower cal/fat alternative, use light sourcream. The cream and soup make a suprisingly cheesesy consistency. Leave the ..." See morecheese out altogether or sprinkle it on after its done and you've tasted it. You will be suprised. You dont even need the cheese. I used a can of tomatoes with the green chilies inside w/ lemon, then chopped up a tiny bit of green chile for added bite. (If you dont like spice, skip added chile). Used 1/4 tsp. garlic power instead of garlic clove and cilantro cause I had some."
"This is my families new favorite dinner. I used Pilgrim Prides Eat Well Stay Healthy lime chicken breast. They are precooked so you simply heat them up in the mircowave and chop them up. I also sub..." See morestituted Rotel, drained, for the green chili's and used jalapeno sour cream dip for 1/2 the sour cream and added a can of black beans, drained. The tortillals will get mushy if you leave it in the crock pot too long."
Green Chicken Enchilada
Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.