Light Chicken Piccata24 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 3 hr 15 min
“A nice, healthy version of chicken piccata. Very light dish. My boyfriend requests it at least once a week!” - by KBJORNSTAD
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Coat chicken with yogurt, cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Rinse chicken, and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, stir together flour, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil, margarine, and 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice in skillet over medium heat. Dredge chicken in flour mixture. Place chicken in skillet; cook, turning to brown both sides, about 15 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate, and keep warm.
- Pour vermouth into skillet, and scrape brown bits with a wooden spoon. Stir in garlic, 1/4 cup lemon juice, water, and capers. Cook until reduced by half.
- Return chicken to the pan, and simmer 3 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 370 cal
- 6.9 g
- 28.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (24)Rate This Recipe
"This has become one of my favorite recipes. The chicken is most tender if you use the yogurt, but I made it the other day without it and it was plenty good. In fact, I may stop using the yogurt all..." See more together to save the trouble and just use a meat mallet to make the chicken thin/more tender."
LOVE 2 COOK
"I tried this recipe because I had bought some plain whole milk yogurt by mistake, and wanted to use it up. I did let the chicken sit with the yogurt overnight and the chicken came out wonderfully tend..." See moreer - my husband loved it. I made a few small changes. I did not have capers, so I added some fresh sliced mushrooms to the sauce just before putting the cooked chicken back into the pan. I also sprinkled the top of the chicken with some freshly chopped chives to add a little color. I used Pinot Grigio white wine since that was all I had on hand. I will definitely be making this again!"
"Yum! Mine was a bit heavy on the lemon, but I didn't measure and probably did it to myself, so I don't think it's the recipe. It's a good thing I love lemon. LOL! I don't usually go out and purcha..." See morese things for recipes since we have tons of food in this house, but we don't really have any chicken breasts right now, so I looked for them today at the store. I couldn't bring myself to pay for chicken breasts that weren't on sale, so I ended up with boneless skinless chicken thighs instead, but they worked just as well. I used white wine instead of vermouth since I didn't have it, and it worked just fine. I may have had the heat under the skillet up too high, bc I really had to work to get the browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Once I figured that out, it worked smoothly. I love capers, so I added more. Ate this with salad, bread, and spaghetti. I have plenty of leftovers (Bf's away) but I'm so excited about eating these leftovers, I don't even mind. Thanks for the recipe!"
Quick Chicken Piccata
Chicken Piccata II
Just swipe to see more like this.