Black Bean Lasagna62 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“A delicious vegetarian lasagna using corn tortillas instead of lasagna noodles, layered with salsa, black beans, cheese, and guacamole.” - by ESNOW
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions, 3 cloves of chopped garlic, and green and red bell peppers. Cook until the onions are soft and translucent. Stir in tomatoes with juice, salsa, and black beans. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, and cook about 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, mash the avocados with 1 clove chopped garlic and lemon juice.
- Place a layer of tortillas on the bottom of the baking dish. Spread 1/3 of the tomato and bean mixture on top. Spread 1/2 of guacamole on top, then sprinkle with 1/3 of cheese. Lay out another layer of tortillas. Top with half of the remaining tomato and bean mixture. Then spread remaining guacamole on top. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 331 cal
- 19.7 g
- 29.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (62)Rate This Recipe
"This is a tasty, healthy and economical family meal. We loved it! I used 2 cups cottage cheese mixed with 2 beaten eggs instead of gaucamole. It gave the dish a nice, creamy texture and flavor with..." See moreout the cost and trouble of the avocados. Will definitely make again!"
"If I could, I would give this 4.5 stars. It was really good, and the best part was that this vegetarian and healthy dish was a big hit with my meat-loving husband. I halved the recipe, so instead of..." See more using the can of tomatoes and salsa, I substitued a can of tomatoes with diced chilis. I also added about 1 t red pepper flakes to make sure it was hot enough (boy, was it!). I really liked this combination; the guacamole was a creative and good addition. I will put this in the regular rotation of meat-free meals."
"This turned out really well. The corn tortillas give the lasagna a nice taste and texture compared to lasagna noodles. I followed the recipe exactly, except that I used fresh tomatoes and added one ja..." See morelepeno pepper. Next time, I will add some cumin or other spices to the black bean mixture. I will also double the guacamole. Also, I found it was easier to layer the pan with halved, rather than quartered, tortillas. Overall, very good. I will make it again."
Black Bean Salad
Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
Just swipe to see more like this.