Sloppy Joe Mac and Cheese19 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“Two classic comfort foods combined to make one hearty and very satisfying casserole.” - by ReneeW.
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place macaroni in the pot, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a large casserole dish.
- Place the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease. Mix in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and sloppy joe seasoning. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion, and cook until tender. Mix in flour, mustard, salt, and pepper. In a bowl, mix the half and half and Worcestershire sauce. Gradually whisk half and half mixture into the pot. Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Mix in 3 cups of cheese. Stir cooked pasta into the pot, evenly coating with the sauce. Transfer to the casserole dish. Layer with the beef mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove cover, and continue baking 10 minutes, until bubbly.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 832 cal
- 46.5 g
- 61.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (19)Rate This Recipe
"Not so good. It sounded wonderful, but I was disappointed with the results. I took the other reviewers' suggestions and made my favorite mac and cheese for the bottom. The envelope mix/sloppy joe t..." See moreopping was horrible. I had to doctor it up considerably to make it edible! I think if I made this using my favorite mac and cheese plus my own sloppy joe recipe this might be better, but I advise against the envelope sloppy joe mix...."
"Made this dish for a serving of 12. Came out pretty good, not a very aasthetic within this recipe. Looks more like dogfood. But the taste is great. A few changes... the mac and cheese part was good, i..." See more thought, but a few other people didn't care to much for it. read the other reviews and I suggest use your own recipe. 2/ i would make more sloppy joe than mac and cheese. We made too much pasta and craved more joes, but oh well. This recipe might also work with chili..."
"Pretty darn good! Next time I think I'll try it with canned Manwich and my own Mac and cheese recipe (which isn't quite as fattening as the one in this recipe!) A very good meal...good combination. H..." See moreubby and I had our doubts prior to tasting it, but we were pleasantly surprised!:-) Ally"
Old Fashioned Mac and Cheese
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Just swipe to see more like this.