Wine Sauce Chicken50 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 35 min
“A wonderful chicken and wine with cheese, served over wild rice.” - by Kay
Original recipe yields 6 6 servings
- Place the chicken in a saucepan and add water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the chicken pieces are no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the mushrooms; cook and stir until the mushrooms are lightly browned and have released their liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Place the chicken pieces in the prepared baking dish and add the sauteed mushrooms.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine and heat the soup, milk, Cheddar cheese and garlic powder. Remove from heat and add the white wine and mayonnaise. Pour mixture over the chicken and mushrooms. Top with slivered almonds and grated Parmesan cheese and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 573 cal
- 39.6 g
- 10.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (50)Rate This Recipe
"HELPFUL TIPS: I love this recipe, & found it a lot tastier than a similar dish "Jerusalem Chicken" on here. Found no need for adding butter before the chicken & obviously from my pic, we don't always..." See more use mushrooms. It's just a matter of being in the mood to add them or what we have in the pantry. I'm also not sure why it says to have COOKED chicken. I never pre-cook or even cut the chicken in small pieces. I did use use a little PAM on my glass dish. While using an expensive wine can enhance any dish, I've had great results using the cheapest wine at the store. I use fat free evaporated milk, any cream of chicken or mushroom, and don't be scared off by the mayo b/c you won't be able to taste it. I also use (any flavor) Almond Accents to go on top (found next to the fresh salads), and can't imagine NOT adding them to the dish. It's that good!! This goes great with potatoes on the side, and I use the honey potato recipe (1 lb red potatoes quartered, 1T butter, 3T honey, and 1t dry mustard - bake 40 min). The salad in my pic is just romaine with sliced strawberries and of course more almond accents and we sometimes sprinkle dried blueberries and cranberries on top. Every toddler that comes over loves this fruit salad. Yummy!"
"Ok, so I made a bunch of changes, but this turned out great! First, I sauted some yellow onion with the butter. I didn't use the canned milk or the mayo. (I replaced the mayo with sour cream) I increa..." See moresed the white wine and sour cream to make up for the milk. (I didn't measure, just eye balled it) Also, I didn't use the almonds. Anyway, we loved this. I served it with Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes from this web site. Yummy! Thanx so much for sharing this recipe!"
"A very good recipe! To make the meal lower in fat, I used low fat cream of mushroom soup, fat free evaporated milk, and very little butter to saute the mushrooms. I think next time I'll try 2% cheddar..." See more cheese. With that change, it if works, this can become a regular meal rather than just for a special occasion. I also suggest that the mayonaise be added right before the sauce is taken off the heat for better consistency."
Chicken Breasts in a Sour Cream and Wine Sauce
Chicken and Red Wine Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.