Eggplant Tomato Bake66 Reviews
“Eggplant, tomato, and cheeses are layered, baked, then served over pasta. An easy and delicious Italian meal.” - by MBC
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a plastic bag, combine the flour, bread crumbs and Italian seasoning. Shake to mix. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and water. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. There should be enough oil to thinly coat the bottom of the skillet. Dip the eggplant slices in egg, then place in the bag and shake to coat. Fry the slices in the skillet until golden brown on each side. Remove, and drain on paper towels.
- Spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9 inch square baking dish. Cover with the eggplant slices, then top with more sauce. Mix together the ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese; spread over the eggplant. Spread sauce over the cheese, and top with tomato slices. Cover with more sauce, and spread remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook for about 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Serve the eggplant tomato bake over pasta.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 647 cal
- 23.3 g
- 78 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (66)Rate This Recipe
"With the changes I made came out as a ... WOW dish! Very Mediterranean and flavorful. I used feta cheese and Swiss cheese that I already had and before I fried the eggplants I used the oil to saute fr..." See moreesh mushrooms with chopped onions. I baked the mushroom-onion mix with the eggplants adding a thin slice of swiss cheese and crumbles of feta cheese on each eggplant slice. I used olive oil for frying. yum!!! Great recipe!!"
"LOVE THIS!!! Am eating it as I write and I have to say it's one of the best recipes I've found on this site. I was concerned about no garlic in the recipe, so I used a roasted garlic and tomato sauc..." See moree and it turned out perfect!! Will make and share this one. Thanks!!"
"I love Eggplant Parm but this is my new version from now on! This is just awsome! We have lots of tomatos in our garden and the flavor of the fresh tomatos is just so good! The ricotta cheese makes th..." See moreis special too. I doubled the recipe and baked it in a 9x11 pan so we would have leftovers. The only other change I made was to use milk instead of water in the egg wash and omitted the flour in the coating, using only Italian bread crumbs. I will be making this again and again!Thanks!"
Crispy Eggplant with Spicy Tomato Sauce
Eggplant Tomato Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.