Cindy's Ritzy Eggplant6 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“Peeled eggplant slices are coated with seasoned, crumbled butter crackers then baked topped with grated cheese. Serve with a red sauce.” - by DANCENEAT
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray baking sheet with cooking spray or lightly grease with olive oil.
- Crumble crackers into a large bowl. Stir in onion powder, black pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir together eggs and lime juice.
- Dip eggplant slices into egg mixture, then dredge in cracker mix, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn eggplant pieces, top with grated cheese, and cook an additional 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 880 cal
- 47.6 g
- 84.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"The results were great...the best part being the tangy lime juice in contrast to the buttery cracker crumbs. I did need to double-dredge my eggplant to get the cracker crumbs to stick well. I dipped i..." See moren egg/lime, then flour, then again in egg lime then pounded down in bowl of crumbs to "encourage" a good coating. Just a dab of sauce made these scrumptious morsels. I can think of many uses for these tasty rounds...pita stuffings and salad toppings (in place of chicen in chicken ceasar salad for instance). Very nice Cindy."
"wonderful! i didnt have the lime juice, but dont know if that would make a difference anyway. loved it!..." See more"
Baked Eggplant Sandwiches
Aunt Mary's Eggplant Balls
Just swipe to see more like this.