Grilled Wonton Chicken Salad12 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“Great for summer! Crispy fried wonton strips and grilled chicken top lettuce, almonds, sesame seeds, and mandarin oranges; finished with a delicious green onion-based dressing.” - by HotMama
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place chicken breasts in a bowl, pour teriyaki sauce over them, and coat well. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for direct heat.
- For the dressing, place green onions, salt, pepper, and sugar in a blender. Pour in olive oil and rice vinegar. Blend until smooth. Remove to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Grill chicken, turning, until done. Remove to a cutting board, and cut into strips.
- In a large skillet or wok, warm oil over medium-high heat. Cut wonton wrappers into strips. Fry wonton strips until crisp. Remove to paper towels.
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, water chestnuts, sesame seeds, sliced almonds, and mandarin oranges. Pour dressing over salad, and toss gently. Top with fried wontons and grilled chicken strips.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 886 cal
- 63 g
- 50.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"The first time we made this salad there was too much dressing, this time I cut the dressing in half and it was just right. We also used chow mein noodles instead of wonton wrappers and used a bag of ..." See morelettuce."
"This was sooooo good! It's one of the best things I've made from this website and I find about 95% of my recipes from here! This is the kind of salad served at a restaurant and they charge $11... Th..." See moree dressing is excellent! The nutritional value is a little scary but as a dietitian, I'm sure it's from the wontons and you can omit those if you want. Also I think the almonds and olive oil in the dressing add fat - but the good fat! EXCELLENT!"
Grilled Chicken Salad with Seasonal Fruit
Grilled Orange Vinaigrette Chicken Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.