Turkey Nacho Bake22 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“A fast and easy way to prepare a pretty classic nacho treat, with ground, browned turkey meat. The kids and my husband love it. Serve with sour cream, taco sauce, salsa or guacamole.” - by TKOPRIVA
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, begin to brown the ground turkey. Stir in garlic, pepper, 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoon chives. Stir in 1 tablespoon hot sauce. When the turkey is browned, stir in taco seasoning mix according to package instructions.
- Pour the beans into a microwave safe bowl, and heat in the microwave until softened. Stir in 1 tablespoon chives and 1 tablespoon hot sauce.
- Spread the tortilla chips across the bottom of a baking sheet. Spoon the beans mixture over the chips. Then spread the turkey mixture across the top. Sprinkle cheese, then olives, tomatoes, green onions, and remaining 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 717 cal
- 37.7 g
- 64.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (22)Rate This Recipe
"This is so good in a not-quite-so-bad for you comfort food way. I didn't have any chives, green onions or fresh tomatoes, so instead I mixed around a 1/2 cup of medium salsa in with the fat-free refri..." See moreed beans when I microwaved them and then left out the hot sauce. Instead of pkgd. taco seasoning, I used the Taco Seasoning I recipe on this site which is a 1000x better. However, I did not add the ingredients to the seasoning that were already called for in this recipe (like chili flakes and pepper). I left out the olives because I don't like them. Not having to chop anything up saved about 10 minutes on the total time, and I even grated my own cheese while the beans were heating up. I will definitely make this again."
"This was great but I made a few minor changes. To the meat mixture, I also sautéed 1/2 diced white onion, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, cumin, kosher salt, 1 diced Serrano pepper, & 1 chopped green ..." See morebell pepper. To the nachos, I added 1/2 diced white onion & 1 diced jalapeño pepper. We also did the beans on the side (which were great - used green onions instead of chives) along with a side bowl of salsa. I omitted the olives & green onions on the nachos. Thanks!"
"I had planned to test this meal one Sat. night for dinner and was anxious to see if using ground turkey instead of beef would satisfy my family. Without warning my husband invites a friend over for di..." See morenner that night. I had no time to switch meals. I was a little nervous about serving something I had never tasted to a guest but all the worry melted away when I pulled it out of the oven. The guys had seconds and thirds! Whew! We loved it and I will definately make this again. Sour cream and salsa really add too."
Layered Nacho Bake
Roasted Turkey Enchilada Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.