Chicken Kiev48 Reviews
“Chicken Kiev is a dish consisting of a boneless chicken breast wrapped around a piece of herbed/seasoned butter, breaded and deep fried. Here's a recipe for the real deal. Say 'da' and enjoy!” - by William Anatooskin
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a small bowl, combine the butter/margarine, parsley, chives and lemon juice. Blend all together and refrigerate.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of wax paper and pound well to flatten. Remove paper and season breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove seasoned butter from refrigerator and divide it into 6 portions. Place one portion in the center of each chicken breast. Fold the short ends of the breasts into the center, then fold in the sides. Secure each breast with a wooden toothpick.
- Add the water to the eggs and beat together. Coat each rolled breast with bread crumbs, dip into egg/water mixture, then into bread crumbs again, coating well. Chill breasts for one hour.
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Carefully lower breasts into hot oil. Fry for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper toweling and serve.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 704 cal
- 50.5 g
- 26.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (48)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent! Chicken kiev is always time consuming to prepare but is worth it if you use some TLC. Shape the butter into logs and freeze before using, easier to stuff the breast and less likely to lea..." See morek out while cooking. I added 1 tbls lemon zest to the butter to increase the lemon flavor. After assembling if you have time, put the chicken in the fridge for an hour, this lets the seam set and greatly reduces the chances of the butter leaking out. Instead of deep fat frying, I browned the breasts in a skillet in olive oil and butter than baked for 20-30 minutes. They also freeze beautifully so make a double batch and freeze one batch so you can enjoy them quicker the next time. Just add 5-15 minutes to the baking time."
"Prior to using a recipe from this web page I like to read the reviews. I took a few things into account, like not lemoney enough and to filet the chicken breasts. I did not have fresh herbs so I use..." See mored dried ones and added one more tsp of lemon juice. I also prefer my chicken kiev baked so I added some extra virgin olive oil to the bread crumbs prior to the coating step. I then baked for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. They were so good my 5 and 3 year olds made up a new word to describe how good this was. My husband thought they were better than the store bought brands...definitely will make these again....They were a big Valentine's Day HIT!!"
"Good when stuffed and baked. I've never had good luck flattening chicken evenly so I cut a slit and pocket in each breast and pushed, squeezed or otherwise injected the butter/chive/parsely mixture in..." See more the pocket. It didn't leak out and still kept the chicken moist. It looks very impressive when done and tastes great!"
Breaded Chicken Fingers
Beer Battered Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.