Orange Sauce Chicken48 Reviews
“Breaded chicken breasts; the orange sauce is optional.” - by Ellen
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a small bowl beat together eggs and milk. Add 2 cups flour, salt and pepper. Beat all together until smooth. In a shallow dish or plate mix together the breadcrumbs and almonds. Dip chicken in egg batter, then in breadcrumb mixture.
- In a large skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter/margarine and saute coated chicken in skillet 8 to 10 minutes. Place chicken in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish and bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- To Make Sauce: Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan mix together the sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cornstarch, and 1 tablespoon flour. Then stir in the orange juice, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup water. Mix all together and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils. Let boil for 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter/margarine, the orange rind and the lemon rind to the orange sauce and stir together. Remove chicken from oven and pour orange sauce over warm chicken or put in a gravy boat for people to pour themselves. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 413 cal
- 9.3 g
- 46.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (48)Rate This Recipe
"This was a really good way to make chicken. The sauce took a little long to cook, but was worth it in the end. My mom thought the sauce was a little too sweet, so adjust the sugar by your own taste. A..." See morelso note that breading and frying the chicken isn't necessary. I just stuck it in the oven and baked it and it tasted great. Try it with rice and carrots, the sauce tastes good on both of those as well."
"I only used the sauce part of this recipe with some chicken I already had. WOW!!!!! What a great sauce. My family loved it too! I plan on making ooodles of it for my daughter's graduation party cookou..." See moret! Awesome Ellen."
Spicy Orange Chicken Wing Sauce
Mandarin Orange Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.