Crystal's Chicken Saltimbocca26 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Boneless chicken breasts are pounded thin, then rolled with prosciutto, provolone, and spinach, and cooked in olive oil and white wine.” - by crystalhowey1981
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Brush each chicken cutlet with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze excess water out of the frozen spinach, then season with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place 1 piece of prosciutto, 1 piece of provolone, and a thin layer of spinach on each chicken cutlet. Then sprinkle Parmesan over the tops.
- Beginning at the short, tapered end, roll up each chicken cutlet, and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in the skillet, then pour in wine. Cook, turning the chicken, until the wine evaporates, and the chicken is cooked through and its juices run clear, about 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 397 cal
- 20.3 g
- 3.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (26)Rate This Recipe
"I am actually rating my version of this recipe. I bought thin cut chicken breasts, rolled them up with FRESH spinach, proscuitto, provalone and 1 basil leaf (under the spinach so it soaks into the ch..." See moreicken). I rolled them in breadcrumbs, secured them with toothpicks and browned the outside in olive oil and garlic. Then I put them into a baking dish, poured in the garlicky olive oil from the pan added about a tablespoon of butter, tore up a couple of sage leaves, poured in some white wine, covered the pan and baked them for about 20 minutes and then uncovered for 10. Awesome, awesome. It was one of the best things I have ever made. The sage made it."
"I served this at our backyard party. Everyone LOVED it. I layered the ingredients instead of making rolls. I baked it in the oven. It was wonderful! Thanks for a great recipe!!!..." See more"
"I used this recipe as a gude and made the following modifications. Flattened chicken breast as suggested, placed proscitto on top, placed some fresh baby spinach leaves on top and then mozzarrella c..." See moreheese. I then rolled them up, spayed some oil on top, then squeezed a little lemon juice on top and sprinked parmasen cheese on top. I didnt have wine or provolone. Still tasted great. Will also add some cooked capsicum slices next time. I baked them in the oven at 180 C for 40 minutes. I didn't"
Blissful Rosemary Chicken
Quick Chicken And Wine
Just swipe to see more like this.