Blue Cheese Bread Pudding4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 55 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“This is a yummy recipe that was passed down to me, which I made some slight alterations to. And now it's even yummier.” - by bitsy32000
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat, and cook the onion and garlic 20 minutes, until soft and golden brown.
- Arrange 1/2 the bread cubes in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Layer with 1/2 the blue cheese and the onion mixture. Top with remaining bread cubes and cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Pour over top layer of bread cubes in pan. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake pudding 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Cover pan and continue baking 15 minutes, or until set and golden brown. Allow to sit 15 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 567 cal
- 41.5 g
- 31.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Made as directed with maytag blue cheese, needed a little larger pan though! Fabulous flavor and a HUGE hit at our Christmas dinner with Prime Rib...." See more"
Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce III
Broccoli Blue Cheese Strata
Just swipe to see more like this.