Artichoke, Mushroom and Parma Ham Tart7 Reviews
“This dish can be served warm or at room temperature. Use as an appetizer if the turkey is taking longer to roast than you had envisioned, or as a side dish with the meal. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.” - by Christine L.
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place flour, parmesan cheese, butter, and a pinch of salt in food processor. Process briefly. Add the egg and 1 tablespoon oil through feeder tube, adding extra oil if necessary; you should be able to bring the dough together in your hands. Wrap in plastic, and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll out to fit a 9 inch quiche pan with a loose bottom. Prick all over. Chill for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Line pastry with foil, and cover bottom with uncooked beans. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Remove foil and beans, and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove and cool.
- Saute; mushrooms in 1 tablespoon olive oil for 10 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Lay ham over the pastry base, and top with mushrooms and artichokes. Beat together creme fraiche, eggs, parsley, and milk. Season well with black pepper and salt; pour mixture over the ham and vegetables. Bake for 40 minutes, until golden. Serve warm or cold.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 615 cal
- 45.1 g
- 35.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"Made this Christmas Eve 2002 and everyone loved it! Was even good for breakfast the next day, similar to quiche...." See more"
"Very good! I followed the directions exactly, which is pretty admirable considering all the steps with the crust (it's awesome, btw), and added shredded parmesan to the top of this. I used a 10-inch s..." See morepringform pan because I don't have a pop-bottom quiche pan and it worked fine. The cooking time for the actual quiche was a little over for me. I had to stop mine at about 25 minutes, but it may have been due to the pan I used. Anyhow, great recipe - thanks!"
Fettuccini with Mushroom, Ham and Rose Sauce
Nanny's Meat and Artichoke Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.