Baked Ziti with Turkey Meatballs4 Reviews
“Turkey soup is not enough. Something different for that leftover turkey. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.” - by Christine L.
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- In a bowl, stir together turkey, garlic, bread crumbs, onion, pine nuts, parsley, egg, salt and pepper. Form into meatballs about 1 inch in diameter.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Cook half of meatballs, shaking skillet, until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer meatballs to paper towels to drain. Brown remaining meatballs in remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same manner.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Oil a 3 to 4 quart gratin dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook until just al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- In a small bowl, toss together mozzarella and romano cheese.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce and half the meatballs into prepared dish, and spoon half the pasta on top. Spread half remaining sauce and half cheese mixture over pasta. Top with remaining meatballs, and drop dollops of ricotta over meatballs. Spread remaining pasta over ricotta, and top with remaining sauce and cheese mixture. Bake in middle of oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 688 cal
- 29.8 g
- 65.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Thanks Christine for this recipe. Made it tonight and it is very good. I baked the meatballs for 15mins at 475. I also mixed the meatballs in my food processor and added oregano. The meatballs were dr..." See morey and I was concerned that they would be dry in the ziti, but they were suprisingly moist after baking the casserole. Made two smaller casseroles and froze one. A note though, I did find the 1 pound ground turkey to be a bit misleading as other recipes specifically ask for cooked turkey."
Baked Ziti III
Turkey Meatballs with Vegetable Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.