Buttery Pan Rolls40 Reviews
“These are delicious. They take a little time to make but they are worth the effort. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.” - by Charlotte
Original recipe yields 40 rolls
- Combine 3 cups of the flour, the sugar, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Combine milk, water and 1/4 coup of the butter in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let mixture cool to 120 to 130 degrees F (49 to 54 degrees C).
- Gradually add milk to flour mixture and beat at low speed of an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Then beat for 2 minutes at high speed. Gradually stir in the remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 8 to 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Place dough in a well greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Punch dough down, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter.
- Shape dough into 40 balls and dip each one in the melted butter. Place the balls in two greased 9 inch square baking pans. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oven for 15 minutes or until rolls are golden. Brush warm rolls with any remaining melted butter.
Amount Per Serving (40 total)
- 97 cal
- 3.2 g
- 14.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (40)Rate This Recipe
"This is a very versatile dough. I make it in my bread machine (dough setting) and use it for dinner rolls, sweet rolls for breakfast,hamburger rolls, fried scones, and have even frozen it for a week ..." See moreand made absolutely delicious dinner rolls. ednaa"
"I love this recipe. Made 1/2 of recipe in bread machine using the dough mode. Then I hand formed the rolls. They were very light, soft and buttery. They are good made in a cupcake pan. I also mad..." See moree 1/2 the recipe in my bread machine. Makes a very light and tasty loaf of bread."
Old Plantation Rolls
Blue Ribbon Overnight Rolls
Just swipe to see more like this.