Corn Pudding I3 Reviews
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 15 min
“A zesty corn pudding recipe I got from my mother-in-law. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.” - by Dana
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Saute the onions, red bell peppers and garlic in the olive oil. Add the corn and continue to cook.
- In a another saucepan bring the milk to a simmer and slowly stir in the cornmeal. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes constantly stirring until thick. Remove from the heat, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk the egg and egg whites together and slowly add them to the cornmeal mixture. Stir in the onion mixture, shredded cheese and parsley into the cornmeal mixture. Spoon mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle top with more grated cheese and crushed corn tortilla chips.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until firm.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 301 cal
- 16.3 g
- 25.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I didn't have the box of corn muffin mix required in other recipes, so I tried this. It was really good, and not much harder than the others. I used 2 eggs, rather than the 1 whole and 2 whites...." See more"
"This is NOT corn pudding. Not with all those vegetables in it, and cheese. Corn pudding is simply an egg custard with corn in it. Period. I would give it no stars, but that is not allowed..." See more"
"I've made a recipe almost exactly like this variation on corn pudding and it was scrumptious. I think it unfair that the previous reviewer gave the recipe one star on the basis that they believe it's ..." See morenot true corn pudding and not on the quality of the recipe itself. I've seen many variations on corn pudding, this variation being one of them."
Grandma's Corn Pudding
Corn Pudding IV
Just swipe to see more like this.