Corn Pudding III4 Reviews
“Yummy corn pudding. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.” - by Erika Michael
Original recipe yields 6 - 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix corn and butter. Add flour, sugar, pepper, salt, and diced red pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg yolks.
- Heat milk to steaming. Remove milk from heat and stir in yolks. Add to corn mix.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Stir 1/4 of the whites into corn. Fold in the whites. Pour into deep 2-quart greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Stir crust that forms down into pudding after 20 minutes and after 40 minutes. Total bake time: 60 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (7 total)
- 239 cal
- 10 g
- 34.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Tastes just like you think it would. The recipe was a bit like corn chowder instead of corn pudding. Mine didn't set up very well and was a bit runny but the next day the left overs had just the right..." See more amount of "body" to it. The taste was very good and both my wife and I had seconds. We don't care for bell peppers so I used a red onions instad. That added color and taste. I suggest you melt the butter in the microwave before trying to mix it with the corn in step two. I will use a little more flour next time to give it a little more body. The beaten egg whites are what makes this so special. Thanks for the recipe Erika!"
Lisa in Wisconsin
"This is great. My entire family loved it. I changed a couple of things though. I used 1 can of cream corn and 1 can of corn niblets. It using these it helped to thicken more. I also pushed the la..." See moreyer of crust that forms on the top down at 20, 40 and 60 mins of cooking time and in my oven the cooking time needed to be increased to 90 minutes. "
Grandma's Corn Pudding
Grandma Swallow's Corn Pudding
Just swipe to see more like this.