Dad's Pumpkin Chiffon Pie14 Reviews
“Deliciously different pumpkin chiffon pie with a gingersnap crust! My family has used this pumpkin pie recipe exclusively for all the 43 years I have been around! Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.” - by Jennifer Powell
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch pie
- Line one 9 inch pie pan with whole gingersnap cookies, breaking as necessary for fitting.
- In a saucepan over medium heat cook pumpkin puree to heat through, stirring frequently.
- Separate the eggs. Combine the egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, milk, spices and butter or margarine. Add to pumpkin and cook, stirring frequently until mixture is of custard consistency. Remove mixture from heat.
- Soften gelatin in the cold water and stir into the pumpkin until dissolved. Chill mixture until it begins to stiffen (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Whip egg whites with the reaming 1/2 cup sugar until stiff. Fold whipped egg whites into the pumpkin mixture. Spoon mixture into the prepared pan and chill until set (about 3 hours). Serve topped with whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 343 cal
- 11.9 g
- 54.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"I used this pumpkin pie recipe last year, so I'm making it again this year! It was absolutely superb! I crushed ginger-snaps and added butter for the crust, and it tasted so much better than plain or..." See moredinary crust! "
"Very, very good. I love pumpkin and I really like how light and refreshing this dessert is. Everyone loved it...." See more"
"This is the best pumpkin pie recipe I have ever tried but I use canned pumpkin and would rather have a recipe that calls for a "can of pumpkin" instead of one cup. I put walnuts in the oven for aw..." See morehile before using.I have had to give recipe to others after using and serving. Delicious !"
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie II
Just swipe to see more like this.