Green Bean Casserole I75 Reviews
“A classic tradition for Thanksgiving day. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.” - by Connie Moore
Original recipe yields 8 to 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place green beans in a 9x13 inch glass pan.
- Saute onions with butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until translucent. Add flour and stir to coat flour.
- Gradually add milk and bring to a boil. Add cheese, sour cream, sugar, and salt. Cook till thickened and cheese is melted. Pour mixture over green beans and top with a layer of stuffing.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (9 total)
- 221 cal
- 13.7 g
- 18.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (75)Rate This Recipe
"EXCELLENT version of a favorite. Hubby wouldn't let me use stuffing, so I eliminated the sauted onion and added french fried onions on top. This will be the recipe I use every year from now on. Tha..." See morenks for sharing this."
"Have made this a few times and has received rave reviews. I know a chef who works at an expensive restuarant and he even thinks it is wonderful. I make it the easy way, using Stove Top Stuffing. Ma..." See moreke sure you don't cover this or else stuffing will get 'mushy'. Enjoy"
Tasty Green Bean Casserole
Classy Green Bean Casserole
Just swipe to see more like this.