Mocha Walnut Cookies9 Reviews
“A mocha version of the classic chocolate chip cookie. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com. ” - by Carmela Sagendorf
Original recipe yields 24 - 3 inch cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt over hot (not boiling) water 1/2 cup of the chocolate morsels. Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- In small cup, dissolve the instant coffee in the 2 teaspoons boiling water. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine butter, sugars, and coffee. Beat until creamy. Add egg and melted morsels. Mix well. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in remaining 1-1/2 cups chocolate morsels and walnuts. Form into walnut-sized balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes. Allow to stand 2-3 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 226 cal
- 11.4 g
- 28.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe came out wonderful! I added about 1/2 cup extra flour, and susbtituted white chocolate chips for the walnuts, as I did no have any on hand. Over all an instant classic with my famiy...." See more"
"This is just what I've been looking for, I read the reviews and I too added 1/2 cup more flour as I do not like thin crisp cookies. I also added a handful of toffee bits....They came out just perfect ..." See moreI got 75 nice size cookies Thank You"
"I gave this recipe 4 stars because the flavor is good, however, the recipe doesn't state how far apart to place the cookies. The picture makes it appear that the cookies don't spread much, but they d..." See moreo. I made the recipe twice, but they spread to very thin height. I would put the balls at least 3 inches apart until you see how much they spread. Next time, I'm going to add another 1/2 cup of flour."
Mocha Walnut Cookies
Mocha Chocolate Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.