Chicken Garlic Pizza216 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“A delicious option for homemade pizza! Butter garlic sauce, chicken, tomato, and ricotta and Parmesan cheeses are baked together for a delightfully light pizza.” - by ksimone619
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place the chicken breast in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until no longer pink, about 20 minutes. Drain and cool slightly, then cut into strips.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter with garlic, onion and basil. Pour into a chilled dish to cool, and refrigerate until set.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll out the pizza dough, place onto a pizza pan or other baking sheet, and spread the herb butter over the surface using the back of a spoon. Arrange chicken on top, then dot with ricotta cheese. Top with tomato slices, cilantro and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until crust is browned and center is cooked through.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 230 cal
- 8.8 g
- 24.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (216)Rate This Recipe
"I think the "secret" is the sauce - sort of like a pesto, but not quite. I have to admit, I didn't have all the ingredients specified, so used leftover roasted chicken, feta instead of ricotta, and r..." See moreegular tomatoes instead of roma. I also made my own crust. But, this was an excellent recipe for the ideas and, as with most pizza recipes, it was pretty much adaptable for what was on hand in the kitchen and what we like. Thanks for the ideas!"
"Alright, I got daring and changed things up a bit. Others commented on how they like red sauce on their pizza, so I thought I would give it a try. Well, it was great! I used Hunt's Garlic and Herb Spa..." See moreghetti Sauce. I changed a few other things a little too. I made my own pizza dough using my bread machine, but the refrigerated pizza dough works fine too. I like to put the dough on my pizza stone and make breadsticks with the excess dough, but have also used a rectangular pan if I need more pizza. I then spread the herb butter over the dough. As per other reviews, I also added another 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, 1 tablespoon butter, and another garlic clove. This mixture barely covered the dough. After the thin layer of the herb butter mixture, I spooned on a layer of the Hunt's sauce. I then sprinkled some parmesan cheese and even some mozarella cheese (which I recommend) over it. I then added some chicken strips (Tyson's Fajita Chicken Strips because I was in a time crunch - it was fantastic and I have used it every time since!) and also added three Roma tomatoes instead of two. I found that chopping the tomatoes instead of slicing made them easier to eat on the pizza. I topped it with a sprinkle of cilantro. I'm a cilantro fan, but I agree with others, it was overpowering. I didn't even put in 1/4 cup. So, the next time I made this I put in even less. I would not omit it all together - it does add to the flavor. This pizza was so good! My husband absolutely LOVES it!!!"
"I liked the flavor combination, however 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes was not enough. I would next time have the temperature up to 425 for 15 to 20 minutes. Also, treat the pizza pan to prevent s..." See moreticking. Otherwise, very good, and could be great with broccoli or other veggies."
Gourmet Chicken Pizza
Saute Express(R) Saute Starter Garlic Chicken Pizza
Just swipe to see more like this.