Pecan Pie Bars I127 Reviews
“Great for the children and adults in the family. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.” - by Marietta Strothmann
Original recipe yields 48 bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the sides and bottom of one 15x10 inch pan.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar, margarine or butter and salt until the mixture resemble coarse crumbs. Press firmly into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl stir the eggs, corn syrup 1 1/2 cups white sugar, melted margarine and vanilla until blended. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Spread the filling evenly over the hot crust. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 minutes or until set. Let cool before slicing.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 175 cal
- 9.1 g
- 23 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (127)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent taste and very easy to make! I was a little worried because they did get a little hard around the edges and it overflowed into my oven when I baked them...but I read in previous reviews tha..." See moret it had happened to other people so that was a relief! I baked them then let them cool, then covered them and cut them the next day. They were so great! Rave reviews from everyone at my party! When you're pouring the filling over the crust, it looks like it will be too much, but it works just great! Will use a disposable pan next time because of the overflow. GREAT RECIPE!!!"
"These are excellent - this is the third year I've made these for our annual choir party potluck, and people were WAITING for them. A couple of things... I made 1/2 recipe which fit very nicely into ..." See moremy 8 x 11 pyrex pan. Made 24 nice large bars. I cooked for about 33-35 minutes unstead of 20 and allowed them to set up and cool before cutting - they were not at all runny. If making the recipe as called for in the large pan I'd do 40 minutes. Also, I found that putting each bar on a small cupcake liner paper was very nice for serving them as they can be crumbly."
Pecan Pie Bars I
Pecan Pie Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.