Cranberry Stuffed Turkey Breasts57 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 2 hr
“I made these once for a holiday dinner party, and they were such a hit that I started making them for Thanksgiving instead of a whole turkey.” - by Esther Nelson
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- With a sharp knife, butterfly breasts open to lay flat. Place each breast between two sheets of waxed paper, and flatten with a mallet. Spread the prepared stuffing to within 1/4 inch of the edge of each breast. Sprinkle each one with chopped pecans and dried cranberries, reserving some of the cranberries for garnish. Roll up tightly in a jellyroll style, starting with the long end. Tuck in ends, and tie in sections with string, about 4 sections around the middle and one running the length of the roll to secure the ends.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully brown rolls on all sides.
- Place skillet in oven, uncovered. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 1 hour, or until the internal temperature is at 170 degrees F (78 degrees C) when taken with a meat thermometer. Do not let these get overly dry.
- Allow rolls to set for 15 minutes before removing string, and slicing into 1/2 to 3/4 inch circles. Leave one roll whole, and slice the other for presentation. Stuffing will be spiraled into meat. Present on your prettiest platter on a bed of curly lettuce, and garnish by sprinkling with the remaining 1/2 cup pecan halves and the reserved dried cranberries.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 369 cal
- 18.4 g
- 28 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (57)Rate This Recipe
"I added a little celery and onion sauteed in butter to the packaged dressing and a 1/2 tsp of poulty seasoning for each package of stuffing. After rolling the turkey breasts as described, I did NOT b..." See morerown them in oil. This toughens the skin, particularly if the breasts are still cold. I put them direcly into a dish with enough melted butter to cover the bottom to about 1/4". I then dipped 3 thin layers of cheescloth into butter and draped them over the turkey breasts, completely covering the breats. I had 6 large breasts in a flat 3 quart casserole dish and they baked to perfection in 50 minutes. These were so tender; not a sign of dryness. "
"This recipe as great! I was worried about the turkey getting to dry so I put a thin layer of butter on the flatten turkey breast, salt and peppered it and then layered stuffing, pecans and cranberrie..." See mores. It doesn't mention to salt and pepper that maybe the reason why some reviews said that it didn't have much taste to the turkey. The next day we made sandwiches with the turkey, added cranberry sauce, mayo, lettuce and it was great."
"Very good with chicken too! Very tasty. Keep turkey/chicken rolls warm in oven while browning all of the breasts. If the rolls dry out pour some wine over them and leave in oven for another 5 minu..." See moretes. Deglaze the pan from the oven for gravey. Make extra stuffing because it's really good and place in pan in oven to warm."
Cranberry Stuffed Turkey Breasts
Stuffed Turkey London Broil
Just swipe to see more like this.