Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting86 Reviews
“A wonderful change of pace for the holiday season. Moist and spicy cake balanced by creamy, soft frosting.” - by Kevin Ryan
Original recipe yields 12 cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter or line with paper liners a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Cream 5 tablespoons of the butter with the white sugar. Add the molasses and the egg and egg yolk.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt. Dissolve the baking soda in the hot milk. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the hot milk mixture. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared tin.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes or until slightly springy to the touch. Allow to cool a few minutes in the pan and remove to a rack to cool.
- To Make Frosting: Cream the 2 tablespoons butter and the cream cheese together. Beat in the confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Add the lemon extract and beat. When the cupcakes are cool, frost the tops with the frosting and serve.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 241 cal
- 9.6 g
- 36.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (86)Rate This Recipe
"I have searched for the perfect gingerbread recipe, and this is definitely the one--moist and spicy, and the cocoa powder somehow ties all the other flavors together. It's also quite easy to make. T..." See morehe only thing to watch out for is the frosting recipe attached to it--something's not recorded quite right. Try this instead: cream together 8 oz. cream cheese, 4 Tbs cream and 2 cups sugar--light, sweet and simple."
"I gave this four stars only because I had to change the frosting. Used 8 ounces cream cheese, 2 cups confectioners sugar & added 1/4 tsp lemon extract. The frosting turned out great. The cupcakes were..." See more delicious!! A little on the dry side with 20 mins cook time - will try 16 mins next time as another reviewer suggested!"
HEIDI 'S HOME
"Would have given this a 4 1/2 star rating, only because the cocoa stood out. I made mini-cupcakes (39), baked for 15 minutes and they came out full and with a nice light texture. Next time I would add..." See more more ginger and , maybe a touch of ground cloves. I will make them again !!"
Carrot Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing
Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Just swipe to see more like this.