Delicata Delish29 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“Delicious baked delicata squash is stuffed with and served over a fragrant mixture of quinoa, shallots, and pine nuts. This recipe is a great way to use the squash and shallots in your farm share delivery! We can't wait to try it with different seasonings and different types of squash. Two of us finished off the whole thing, but we think it ideally serves four.” - by MOTTSBELA
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange the squash halves cut side up in a baking dish. Fill dish with about 1/4 inch water. Place 1 tablespoon butter on each half, and season halves with salt and pepper. Cover dish, and bake squash 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until very tender.
- Place quinoa in a pot with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in shallots and garlic, and cook until tender. Stir in pine nuts, and cook until golden. Gently mix into the pot with the cooked quinoa.
- Cut the squash halves in half, and fill each quarter with the quinoa mixture. Serve each stuffed squash quarter on a bed of the remaining quinoa mixture.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 376 cal
- 17.1 g
- 49 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (29)Rate This Recipe
"A good beginning to a delicata squash recipe. My changes included using olive oil to saute the shallots/garlic, and a little roasted red pepper that I added. In addition, you should definitely cook q..." See moreuinoa (and rice for that matter) in veggie broth... not only does it add nutritional value, but a great deal of flavor! "
"Terrific recipe! I altered slightly by using leeks instead of shallots and sliced almonds instead of pine nuts. I also added goat cheese on top of the finished product. Just delicious. I would make th..." See moreis again and would definitely serve to guests."
Delicata Creamy Squash Soup
Delicata Squash Burger Patties
Just swipe to see more like this.