Fruitcake Without Citron4 Reviews
“Some people do not like the citron found in fruitcakes, so they might like this one. Originally submitted to CakeRecipe.com. Pecans can be substituted for walnuts.” - by Eleanor Johnson
Original recipe yields 1 - 10 x 14 inch tube cake
- Grease a 10 x 14 inch tube pan; line with waxed paper.
- Mix fruits and nuts in a large bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix eggs, corn syrup, sugar and oil in a medium size bowl. Gradually beat in dry ingredients. Pour over fruit mixture and mix. Firmly pack into pan.
- Bake at 275 degrees F (135 degree C) about 2 hours and 15 minutes, or until top appears dry. Cool in pan.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 689 cal
- 37.5 g
- 85.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for a gathering of friends who detest fruitcake. Well low and behold, I had to give this recipe to everyone. thanks so much for this perfect recipe. I will use it from now on whenever I de..." See morecide to make a scrumptious fruitcake."
"WOW! Made this yesterday and it is great!!! Everyone I shared it with wanted the recipe. It will convert fruitcake haters everywhere! Will make every Christmas from now on... Thanks for sharing! I onl..." See morey cooked it for 2 hrs. It was brown and Dry and hardened after it cooled a bit."
"I used to love fruitcake until I lost all my teeth to nerve damage in my mouth (never had a cavity in my life either). Every recipe for fruitcake has walnuts or pecans or hard citron. This recipe has..." See more no citron,great, but wow it has alot of nuts. Any idea of how to adapt the recipe so that even I can eat it?"
Rich Dark Fruitcake
Easy Light Fruitcake
Just swipe to see more like this.