Tuna Mornay10 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“This is the best Tuna Mornay recipe I've found... My family is always excited when we have it for dinner.” - by CALCOLERICH
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over low heat. Stir in the flour until smooth and continue to cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and gradually stir in the milk so that no lumps form. Return to the burner and heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the mustard powder and a little more than half of the Cheddar cheese until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Flake the tuna and stir it into the sauce along with the parsley and chopped egg. Transfer to a 9 inch round cake pan. Mix together the potato chips and remaining Cheddar cheese and sprinkle over the top. Dust very lightly with paprika.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccini pasta and cook for 8 minutes, or until tender; drain. Serve tuna Mornay over fettucine.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 551 cal
- 24.7 g
- 40 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"I didn't really understand this recipe. For example, I didn't see the point of baking it in the oven -- the eggs are precooked, the tuna is canned, etc. Why bake at 350? I also think more effort sh..." See moreould be made to thicken the sauce -- 2 cups of milk heated and stirred for 3 minutes gives 3 cups of hot milk. The end result is a very hot, runny and fairly colorless liquid soup with tuna, eggs, etc. If I were to do this again, I'd begin with a bechamel sauce and add cream or whole milk a few tablespoons at a time if needed. I'd also skip baking it in the oven."
"I am only giving this recipe 5 stars because my fussy - very picky boys have BEGGED me to fix it again. I personally thought it was gross and I have to make it again tonight...ugh!..." See more"
Tuna Lasagna Casserole
Tuna Noodle Casserole from Scratch
Just swipe to see more like this.