Cocoa Apple Cake24 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This recipe is very moist and rich. I have also made it in loaf pans, and given it away for holidays.” - by v monte
Original recipe yields 1 bundt cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan or tube pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Mix in the water and vanilla.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and grated apple and mix until fully incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 331 cal
- 14.9 g
- 46.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (24)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent recipe: moist as can be, and chocolatey. I used milk chocolate chips since I'm not a fan of semi sweet chocolate, and it came out terrific. This is a keeper...." See more"
"My grandmother has made this cocoa apple cake for years and years now and it's delicious! She got her recipe off the back of a bag a sugar. The only difference is that her recipe calls for 2 and 1/2..." See more c flour and she finely dices the apple instead of grating it. It's wonderful and will always remind me of her. For some reason, nobody else in the family can make it quite as good as she can -must be that grandmotherly touch! We also freeze it and sometimes just cut a slice off straight from the freezer and eat it ... mmmmmm... this recipe is worth trying -it'll always be one of my treasures!"
Apple Spice Cake
Apple Walnut Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.