Plum Bread31 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This is called a bread, but tastes more like a cake. I make this mostly during the holidays. The spices in this cake just lend themselves to eggnog and Christmas smells. The recipe will make 1 bundt cake, 4 small loaves, or 2 medium loaves.” - by v monte
Original recipe yields 1 bundt cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a bundt pan or loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together vegetable oil, white sugar, eggs, plum baby food, and food coloring. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda, and nuts.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together. Transfer batter to prepared pan(s).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. (Smaller loaf pans will take less time.)
- Remove from oven to cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove and place on cooling rack.
- While the cake is cooling, combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice. Brush over top while cake is still hot.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 384 cal
- 19.9 g
- 49.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (31)Rate This Recipe
"I pureed 4 peeled over-ripe plums in the blender instead of using baby food. Added 3 Tablespoons flour and a pinch more baking soda. I didn't use food coloring. I baked them as 2 9x9 square cakes and..." See more it tastes just like applesauce spice cake. Very good. Makes an great dessert."
"this is so yum! can't buy plum baby food in oz so i pureed a tin of whole plums without the juice and it makes a little more then is needed so worked out great! just need to add 2 tablespoons more fl..." See moreour and a pinch more baking soda. will definately use for xmas pressies~ !!"
"Good recipe. I try to use fresh ingredients when possible, so I didn't bother with the baby food. It's easy to puree fresh plums and add a wee bit of flour. Not much. Cornstarch would also work, or ta..." See morepioca. About 1 Tablespoon or so. Also, red food coloring is never advised. Just leave that unnecessary ingredient out. Makes nice little gifts or a great bread to have Christmas morning."
Poppy Seed Bread with Glaze
Just swipe to see more like this.