Pumpkin Cheesecake II128 Reviews
“This is a very old recipe and it seems like there are a lot of ingredients, but it is worth the effort. I use the extra whipping cream to decorate the top of the cheesecake. Originally submitted to CakeRecipe.com. ” - by Cathy
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch springform pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, ground pecans, 2 tablespoons white sugar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and the melted butter or margarine and mix well. Firmly press mixture into one 9 inch springform pan.
- Combine 3/4 cup of the white sugar, the pumpkin, 3 egg yolks, ground cinnamon, ground mace, ground ginger and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well, and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar and mix well. Add the whole egg, remaining egg yolk and the whipping cream, beating well. Add cornstarch and vanilla and lemon flavorings, beat batter until smooth. Add pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 55 minutes. Do not overbake. Center may be soft but it will firm up when chilled. Let cheesecake cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 305 cal
- 22 g
- 23.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (128)Rate This Recipe
"Even though I felt the ingredients list was overwhelming when I first found this recipe, I would now swear it's well worth it. Pumpkin pie fans and non-fans enjoyed this creation and I can't wait to ..." See morebring it home for Thanksgiving this year. The crust is extra-fancy tasting with the pecans. You can taste the highly recognizbale cheesecake flavor and harmonious blend of pie spices with each bite. The extra effort pays off in the end. I cooked mine in a water bath, cracked the oven door open after turning off the stove, and chilled over night. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving last year at my in-laws, and they absolutely loved it. I thought it was really good too. Although I was skeptical about pumpkin cheesecake, the pumpkin flavor is not overp..." See moreowering. I made one with graham cracker crust and the other with ginger snaps and the ginger snap was much better. I also suggest doing 1.5X the crust recipe. It makes the perfect amount."
Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin Cheesecake II
Just swipe to see more like this.