Eggnog Cheesecake I31 Reviews
- Prep: 40 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 6 hr
“A simple easy-to-make cheesecake served with a yummy Pecan Caramel Sauce. It's perfect for holiday get-togethers.” - by Eleanor Johnson
Original recipe yields 1 - 9 inch cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup butter, wafer crumbs, and white sugar. Press firmly on the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in the sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Mix in the eggs. Stir in 1/4 cup rum, vanilla extract, and nutmeg. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until center of cake springs back when lightly touched. Allow to cool, then chill.
- To Make The Pecan Caramel Sauce: In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in 1 cup of water. In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in brown sugar and the cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and add 2 tablespoons dark rum. Allow to cool. Just before serving, stir the pecans into the sauce.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan from the cooled cheesecake. Serve with the Pecan Caramel Sauce.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 550 cal
- 36.3 g
- 44.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (31)Rate This Recipe
"i made 2 of these cheesecakes and they were wonderful.Everyone asked for the recipe.was rich in texture,and smooth to the taste.was so easy to make,i did cheat,i was so busy for the holidays,i ended u..." See morep using carmel ice cream topping and it was just as good.i found the recipe topping to be a little thinner than preferred.EXCELLENT"
"Gave this to my grandfather for Xmas. He froze it, then thawed out a slice for after dinner every day until it was gone and raved about it!..." See more"
"Thanks Ms Johnson for such a fine recipe. I was scouring the internet for a real good recipe and I found it. I made this special cheesecake for me and my parents. It was a smash hit. And I already hav..." See moree an order for another one when I visit a friends house. This is one of those no sweat recipes that anyone can make. Sooo easy and sooo quick. And the rewards are many when your friends and family try it."
Chocolate Cookie Cheesecake
Christmas Eggnog Cheesecake
Just swipe to see more like this.