Pumpkin Roll73 Reviews
“This is a great dessert, especially nice for holidays, but it can be served anytime of the year. The resulting pumpkin roll slices will impress your guests. The pumpkin roll is not as hard to make as it sounds. Be sure and use plain canned pumpkin and not pumpkin pie mix. Originally submitted to CakeRecipe.com.” - by Tammy Elliott
Original recipe yields 1 jelly roll cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a jellyroll pan (large cookie sheet with sides).
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs on high for five minutes. Gradually add white sugar, pumpkin, and lemon juice. Add flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and ginger. Spread batter evenly in pan. Sprinkle pecans evenly on top, and press lightly into batter.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until it springs back when touched. Loosen edges with a knife. Turn out on two dishtowels that have been sprinkled with powdered sugar. Roll up cake, and let cool for about 20 minutes.
- To Make Filling: Mix confectioners' sugar, vanilla, butter or margarine, and cream cheese together till smooth.
- Unroll pumpkin cake when cool, and spread with filling. Reroll, and push aside the dishtowel. Unroll long sheet of waxed paper. Put pumpkin roll on waxed paper. Dust pumpkin roll with powdered sugar. Twist ends of waxed paper like a piece of candy. Put pumpkin roll in refrigerator and chill overnight. Before slicing, dust with powdered sugar. Serve chilled.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 383 cal
- 22 g
- 43.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (73)Rate This Recipe
"One very important detail that is not spelled out in this recipe and I learned the hard way. After you bake the cake part of it, let it cool a minute or two while still in the pan. Loosen edges and ..." See morethen turn pan upside down over your powder-sugared towels. When you roll it up, ROLL THE TOWEL IN WITH IT. This is where my problem was. I have never made a jelly roll or roll-up dessert and didn't know. Also the cake was too warm and it fell apart. I'll know better next time!"
"Here's a hint...place wax paper on the bottom of the cookie sheet before you bake it and just flip it onto to towel, roll and cool. The wax paper prevents "rips" or "tears" in the cake and makes the ..." See morecake much easier to work with. I also used pumpkin all spice instead of ginger and it does seem to add a little more taste."
awesome in tummy
"This is the exact recipe I've been making for years and it is FANTASTIC! You can also add 1 tsp. nutmeg if you like to batter. The only difference in my recipe is you fold the flour mixture into the e..." See moregg mixture just untill blended, don't overmix, and the baking time is 375 for 15 min. I bake in a 15x10x1 in.sheet. Can use walnuts instead of pecans. Do not panic if cake cracks when you unroll to fill(don't roll too tight) this is common. Just lightly press together and sprinkle with lots of confectioners sugar and no one will notice! Everyone raves over this! You must try! Oh I forgot, this freezes well too! Thanks Tammy!"
Granny Kat's Pumpkin Roll
Pumpkin Roll III
Just swipe to see more like this.