Dad's Oyster Dressing11 Reviews
“Wild rice and oyster stuffing. ” - by S Campbell
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Open and quarter the oysters. Reserve the liquid.
- Cook rice in boiling salted water till tender, about 40 minutes. Drain, and place in shallow pan. Place pan in a 275 degree F(135 degree C) oven to dry out for a few minutes.
- Saute pork in skillet over medium heat. Remove pork from pan using a slotted spoon. Drain off all but a couple of tablespoons grease.
- Saute onions and celery. Add into this a small amount of oyster liqueur if onions and celery get too dry. Add in oysters with remaining liqueur. Cook 7 - 10 minutes, until oysters curl on edges. Drain this mixture in a colander.
- Combine oyster mixture, rice, sausage, chopped parsley, and seasonings to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) till heated through.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 233 cal
- 6 g
- 33 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"I've made this recipe many times and it's always a hit. I use 2 boxes of Uncle Ben's Wild Rice with seasoning, 1 lb of sage sausage, and I dice up the oysters VERY small. It's GREAT. Thanks for a f..." See moreantastic recipe."
"I've been looking for an oyster dressing for years that was this good. The kids won't try it, but that's alright. There's more for me. It's just too easy. Thanks for the recipe...." See more"
Sausage Oyster Dressing
Quickest Oyster Dressing EVER!
Just swipe to see more like this.