The Ultimate Chocolate Bar7 Reviews
“Rich, fudge-like squares of chocolate with marshmallows and nuts inside.” - by James Bovy
Original recipe yields 30 pieces, approximately
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and lightly flour one 13x9 inch pan.
- In large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter and 1 ounce chocolate over low heat. Remove from heat, stir in 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup flour, walnuts, baking powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 eggs, and mix well. Spread chocolate base evenly into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine 6 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 cup white sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, 1 egg, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat for one minute with an electric mixer at medium speed, or until smooth and fluffy. Spread cream cheese filling over chocolate mixture.
- Bake base and filling at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare frosting. Melt 1/3 cup butter, 2 ounces chocolate, milk, and 2 ounces cream cheese in large saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat, and add confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat well. Use heat to soften if it begins to dry before you are ready to use it.
- Spread marshmallows over the top the chocolate bar in pan. Pour warm frosting over marshmallows. Use kitchen knife to somewhat mix the two. Let cool to room temperature. When cool, cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Cut cold into small pieces.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 237 cal
- 11.1 g
- 33.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was really tasty! I didn't have any unsweetened chocolate so I substituted it with cocoa powder instead and it still turned out excellent, I will definitely make it again!..." See more"
"I brought a whole pan of these to school because i personally thought they were amazing. For one, the marshmellows on top made it look beautiful... i almost cried when it was done (not really, but ......" See more whatever). However, the most common complaints i heard from this were "this is TOO sweet" and "the brownie part isnt chocolatey enough"."
Chocolate Candy Bar Cake
The Best Chocolate Cake You Ever Ate
Just swipe to see more like this.